I’m a postdoctoral researcher at the Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences at NYU working with Georg Stadler on optimisation under uncertainty. Before coming to New York I was a doctoral student in the Numerical Analysis group at the University of Oxford under supervision of Patrick Farrell. During this time I worked on shape optimisation algorithms and fast solvers for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations.
I spend a lot of my time writing software in Python and C/C++ and am a user of and contribute to the Firedrake, PETSc, and dolfin-adjoint software libraries. In addition, I am one of the main authors of the Fireshape shape optimisation library and PyROL.
I am also a consultant for the actuarial practice of Oliver Wyman, working on generative learning applications for financial data, and for Cambio Analytics, working on data driven methods to reduce the energy consumption in factories.
- Numerical solution of PDEs
- Optimisation with PDE constraints
- Optimisation under uncertainty
- High performance computing
- PhD in Mathematics, University of Oxford, 2019
- MSc in Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2015
- BSc in Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2013
- 2019: G-Research DPhil Prize
- 2017: Best student presentation at the 27th Biennial Numerical Analysis Conference in Strathclyde.
- 2016: Best group presentation at InFoMM UK Graduate Modelling Camp 2016.
- 2015: Clarendon / Marvin Bower scholarship of the University of Oxford and Balliol College